This year we're celebrating Fourth of July with an American basketball legend. Back in the ‘80s, if Ralph Sampson wanted to score, you weren’t stopping him. 7’4” with insane agility and a soft touch. First pick in the ’83 draft. Rookie of the Year in ’84. Future Hall-of-Famer. He towered over everyone and elevated the game to unprecedented heights. Signing Sampson took PUMA to the next level in the basketball world. In return, we created a customized kick for him that would go on to become one of the most iconic shoes in basketball– The PUMA Ralph Sampson.
Made with a mid-height construction and lightweight materials, it was perfectly suited to his size 17 feet. To top it off, it featured his signature stamped on the side in case defenders needed a personal reminder of who was flying over them. This special Fourth of July edition features an American flag print at the heel and red, white and blue color palette for that extra touch.
- Ralph Sampson mid-top court silhouette
- Leather upper with suede overlays and perforated vamp
- Padded collar and tongue with fitted leather overlays around ankle
- Full lace closure with mid-rise lacing option
- Translucent gum rubber sole provides traction and grip
- Contrast suede PUMA Formstrip overlay at side
- American flag printed panels at heel
- Gold hand-written effect Ralph Sampson signature across ankle
- Gold PUMA No. 2 Logo at lateral side
- PUMA branded woven label at tongue